Donate to the Souper Bowl Food Drive!
Now through February 11, 2023
The Kiwanis Club of Meriden and our family of school-based Service Leadership Programs are proud to announce the 7th annual Souper Bowl City-Wide Food Drive for the Meriden Soup Kitchen, now until February 11!
Despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Meriden Soup Kitchen is open and providing meals to those in need. They need our support and the Meriden Kiwanis Family is stepping up to coordinate a city-wide food drive.
Donate in One of Three Ways
- Food Collection Events: Bring your non-perishable food donations to:
- Stop & Shop, 485 Broad Street Street (Meriden): Saturday, January 21 5 from 10am-4pm
- Meriden Soup Kitchen, 460 Broad Street (Meriden): Saturday, February 11 from 9am-11pm
- Community Drop-Off Bins: Drop off food donations at one of our donation bins at Meriden businesses, now through February 10. See the list of locations below or click HERE for an interactive Google Map.
- Donate Through Venmo: Send a monetary donation via Venmo to @KiwanisClub-Meriden. Include “Souper Bowl” in the memo.
Food Most Needed at the Meriden Soup Kitchen
- Canned vegetables (corn, carrots, green beans)
- Canned or boxed basic soups (chicken noodle, vegetable, tomato)
- Canned or boxed broths (vegetable, chicken, beef)
- Instant potatoes
- Pasta (ziti, penne, rigatoni)
- Beans (baked, pork & beans, garbanzo)
- Canned or bottled pasta sauce
- Crushed or diced tomatoes
- Italian salad dressing
- Black olives
- Parmesan cheese
- Hot sauce
- Individual servings of drinks (water, juice, soda)
Drop Off Food Donations at These Locations
*Look for the Blue Bins!*
Thank you for supporting the 2023 Kiwanis Souper Bowl!
Since 2017, Kiwanis has collected and donated 31,847 food items and $4,638 to the Meriden Soup Kitchen through the Souper Bowl Food Drive